Get a Quote


News & Media
IATA certifies two Hong Kong terminals

With our headquarters, as well as several freight and logistics hubs in Hong Kong, the U-Freight Group notes that IATA has announced the full certification of Cathay Cargo Terminal and Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals Limited (HACTL) through the IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) at the World Cargo Symposium, currently being held in Hong Kong (SAR), China.

We have a close relationship with both Cathay Cargo Terminal and HACTL, and congratulate them on becoming the first cargo handlers from North Asia to achieve the IEnvA certification, bringing the total number of companies including airlines, airports and ground handling service providers that have achieved the certification to 60. IEnvA certification is awarded following a comprehensive evaluation of the companies' environmental sustainability management systems and their plans for continual performance improvement.

IATA said the commitment of the two terminal operators to sustainable aviation sets a strong example for the industry and demonstrates the positive impact of IEnvA certification in the cargo space. 

IEnvA provides definitive guidance, aligned with internationally accepted management standards, to efficiently and effectively address a wide spectrum of sustainability issues facing the aviation industry. 

Adopting IEnvA Standards allows the certified organizations to effectively focus their resources on improving their environmental performance and make use of tried and proven best practices.

IEnvA certification will support Cathay Cargo Terminal and HACTL to drive sustainability, build trust, and deliver positive impact.​​​​ IATA also recognized the support of Airport Authority Hong Kong (AAHK) in supporting its partners in improving overall environmental impact and call on other airports encourage their stakeholders follow the same approach.

For more information about U-Freight’s international expedited air freight logistics services through Hong Kong International Airport, please visit the relevant pages of this website or contact your local office, details of which can be seen here: